Sport Premium & Sport at Creswell
PE and Sport Premium
Click here for the Department for Education link to the Primary School's Sports Funding page.
Primary school PE and school sport: new funding
- In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
- Funding will be allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils, including: primary, middle, special and non-maintained special schools, academies and pupil referral units from 1 September 2013. A typical primary school will receive about £9,250 annually in the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15.
- Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Total fund allocated: £19032
How will we be spending the PE and Sport funding and who will benefit?
At Creswell Junior School we working with the Bolsover District School Sport Partnership (BDSSP). BDSSP is passionate about improving the lives of young people, by providing opportunities through Physical Education and Sport. BDSSP will provide a core package to support the school in;
- Continuous professional development signposting and support
- Inclusion training and support
- Curriculum support
- PE and School Sport Audit
- Level 1 School Games (intra-school) support
- Provides a pathway for 12 sports at KS2 to link to Level 3 School Games event
- Membership of the Derbyshire School Sports Association
- Entry to the Champion School programme
Leadership & Volunteering
- Mini Leader programme - training / mentoring
Club & Community Links
- Signposting to local clubs through competition programme
- Sport specific support
Talent Identification & Development
- Rising Stars talent programme
- Pupil and Parent workshops
- A co-ordinated approach to developing your playground to enable as many pupils as possible to be as active as possible
- Bikeability programme (Y5&6)
- Balanceability programme (KS1)
- Change 4 Life / Physical Activity Hub programme
- Golden Mile Physical Activity training and support
- Support for schools to achieve School Games Kitemark for PE and Sport
- Sharing of good practice through regular PLT/Headteacher meetings at cluster and SSP level (min 3 per year)
- School Sport Partnership Conference (KS1 event)
- Youth Sport Trust Introductory membership
- Governor Briefings
The School has completed an audit of PE, school sport and physical activity to inform how we can further improve our provision. Further details on what we have spent the funding on and the impact will be posted soon.