At Creswell Junior School it is our intention that Geography will inspire pupils with a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people. Through fieldwork and practical activities pupils will develop a better understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human features and processes. We aim to explore diverse places, people and resources and promote their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. We will raise pupils awareness of environmental issues at a local, regional and global level which will foster a greater understanding of their place in the world and their rights and responsibilities to other people and the environment.
Through the teaching of Geography at Creswell Junior School we will:-
- Develop an age-appropriate knowledge of significant places and their global location.
- Use the locality as a valuable learning resource to explore geographical processes.
- Encourage pupils to discuss how physical and human geography bring about change to the landscape over time.
- Encourage pupils to commit to sustainable development.
- Develop pupils’ graphic skills, including how to use, draw and interpret maps.
- Use appropriate key geographical vocabulary accurately.
- Develop a variety of skills, including those in relation to problem-solving, ICT and presenting conclusions in an appropriate and creative way.