Welcome to the CJS School Council Page
Check this page for regular updates about our meetings.
What is the School Council?
The school council works to make improvements to the school and the way we do things at CJS. We look around for things that could be better and discuss what to do. Everyone gets a chance to speak and when we’ve finished we vote on the best ideas and then start working on changing things. Sometimes we have to talk to teachers and sometimes we have to write letters to people outside of the school.
Who are the School Councillors?
Every year we run an election campaign to vote for two new representatives for each class. A good representative will speak at the council meetings about things that their class has put into their suggestion box. They will also tell their class about what is going on in the council meetings.
We try to be very professional in the council so we use a lot of business words. Hopefully this will help.
Agenda - a list of things to talk about
Councillor - someone who has been voted for to work for their class mates on the school council
Minutes - the notes taken during a meeting so people can see what goes on
Motion - an idea for the council to discuss
Mrs Veal and Mrs van der Spoel will be running the school council this year with the help of the councillors.
Our chair is Finley and our vice-chair is Skyla.
Here are our targets, chosen by last year's School Council:
- School target - Keep the school and grounds tidy (with the help of the Eco Councillors and librarians)
- Community target - Look after our green spaces (with the help of Creswell in Bloom)
- Global target - Look after our global plant life
We hope to achieve these goals this year:
- Improve the green spaces in our school grounds - with the help of Creswell in Bloom, we are re-planting and tidying our garden areas.
- Start a uniform swap shop - details to be confirmed soon.
- Improve our range of after school clubs - we will be collecting ideas soon.
Photo Gallery: Our Progress
Our new and improved flower bed outside Reception. Thank you to Creswell in Bloom for donating the plants and compost, and to our councillors and Mr Collier for helping with weeding and planting.