Inclusion Quality Mark - Center of Excellence
We have been awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark Center of Excellence. The IQM uses a standard for assessing schools against a nationally recognised framework on inclusion. It recognises and celebrates the inclusion work going on in schools, on both a local and national scale. Educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all pupils, whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, attainment and background... An educationally inclusive school is one in which the teaching and learning, achievements, attitudes and well-being of every young person matters.
Some of our strengths which were highlighted by the assessor were:
* There is an effective transition programme which supports children on entry and departure of the school
* There are clear safeguarding procedures
* Achievement is celebrated in a variety of forms
* The school is aware that Britain is a multi-cultural society
* Children recognise the importance respecting others and ensure that everyone feels safe
* Children’s targets are identified in their books
* Staff are aware of the individual needs of children and plan to meet their needs
* The school seeks to gain views of parents who generally feel that their concerns are addressed
* Adults have the opportunity to volunteer in school and a PTFA group organise successful events for the children
* A wide range of links are established with the local community
We would like to thank the parents, governors and children who took the time to speak to the assessor in September and help her gather information and evidence about the inclusive practices within our school.